- christmas events
- Class Schedules
- Fitness Class
- Help Wanted
- Kids Workout
- Membership Sale
- Moms in Motion
- Personal Training
- Reindeer Romp
- Snow Day
- Special Programs
- Terry Fox Run
- Workout Videos
Wednesdays 9:15 am at Fitness Corner
Starts May 4 – 8 weeks • Members: $35 • Non Members: $70 (+ HST)
This 1 hour fitness class gets mom moving outside. There is light jogging/walk-running, lots of muscle strengthening and core strengthening. Must be at least 6 weeks post par-tum. Moms need to bring their own strollers, water bottle, old towel/blanket, and appropriate outdoor clothing. Taught by Tiffany Krause
Avoid disappointment! Pre-registration required!
December 19 • 7:30 pm at Fitness Corner South
Wine, cheese, cookies and camaraderie!
If you would like to participate in the cookie exchange (not mandatory) please bring 2 dozen.
(We are collecting toonie donations for the Canadian Mental Health Association Community Kitchen)
- Congratulations to Andre Arvanitis who came up with the name! (“Exo” means “outside” in Greek)
- Thanks to all who gave great suggestions – it was very hard to pick just one.
- The Exogym is available for use by gym members – small group training will resume again in the spring.
A BIG Thank You to all volunteers, participants, and their sponsors at the Annual Terry Fox Run 2013
- Michelle Hunter, Tia Jesso, Kathy Alstein, Lianne VanGeel, Kathy Reece, Nanci Cameron, Becky Lutz, Diane Lutz
- Geordie Farrell
- Susan Cook
- Frank Vanderzwet, Earl Farrell, Bob Hunter, Bob Love
- Nanci Cameron, John Prinsen, Barb Elias, Ann and Alex Thain
- Jane Rae, Karen Alberts
- Jennifer Cooper, Holly Vanderzwet, Rieko Moorehead
FINISH LINE CHEER TEAM
- Murray and Joyce Thede
ENTERTAINMENT by “ROUGH IDEA”
- Wayne Marks, Dave Sullivan, Jim Scurfield, Bill Harper, Sandy Nelson
- Maria Bertrand, Dolores Spielmacher
SPECIAL THANKS to Saugeen Track and Field Club for km signs, Fitness Corner for post event refreshments, Shoreline Beacon and Saugeen times for Media coverage
THANK YOU to everyone who made this event another successful fundraiser for the Terry Fox Foundation for Cancer Research!
Sunday September 15th is the 33rd annual Terry Fox Run. I’m sure many of you already know that Terry Fox was a very determined, young, man who having lost his leg to cancer, set out to run across our entire country to raise funds for awareness and research into that, often, devastating disease. Do you know all of his story?
Following a minor car accident in November 1976, Terry was left with a sore right knee. He mostly ignored the pain, since he was an athlete he was used to it, but when it continued into February of the next year he sought treatment and received painkillers. When the pain became debilitating in March of 1977 he again visited his family doctor who quickly diagnosed osteosarcoma. This is a cancer of the connective tissue and is the most common primary cancer of the bone. On March 9th, when he was only 18, Terry’s right leg was amputated just above the knee. The night before his surgery, Terry’s high school basketball coach visited him and not knowing what to say, he showed Terry an article about an amputee runner who had participated in the New York marathon. This planted the seed for Terry’s idea to run across Canada.More
- Saturday Aug. 3- regular hours ( 9:15 am Cardio/Muscle Mix is on)
- Sunday Aug. 4- regular hours
Monday Aug. 5: Gym open 8:00 am- 8:00 pm
- 9:15 am Cardio Sculpt- is on
- All other classes cancelled
- Saturday Aug. 3- regular hours ( 9:15 am BUFF is cancelled, participants may attend the 9:15 am class in Port Elgin for free!)
- Sunday Aug 4. – regular hours (10:30 am Yoga is on)
Monday Aug 5: Gym open from 8:00- 8:00 pm
- All classes are cancelled (Participants may attend the 9:15 am class in Port Elgin for free!)